You can get great deals on magazine subscriptions every day!
Last weekend we headed four hours South to St. George. I was sick. Again. But it was okay because I was ready. I had a brand new box of 12 hour Sudafed, two bags of cough drops (both of which I devoured) and I could see the sun!
Sure, I was a loopy space cadet the whole time and had turned into one of those creepy mouth breathers, but I was in a tank top! In February! I even had to put sun block on.
|This is not me.|
Who cares that had my life depended on me actually completing a boulder problem I would be a rotting corpse in the desert this very moment. Or the fact that while hiking back out we came across a pair of climbing shoes exactly like mine that someone had thoughtlessly discarded and forgotten in the sand. And how odd, they're my size too. As I was thinking we should probably prop them up on a boulder by the path so the owner could find them Erik says, "Really Ginger? You left your shoes here?"
Oh. So I did. I don't do well on cold medicine.
Then there was that little incident with the fire. It's always my job to chop the wood and get the fire started while E2 makes dinner. By the time he's done with dinner, he'll chop up the remaining pieces I couldn't. After hacking away for 10 minutes, I had yet to even get a piece of kindling but I did manage to keep all appendages intact.
He took care of the wood (heh heh. Wait...no that doesn't make sense) and I searched for something to burn. I grabbed the first thing I found. Our roll of toilet paper which was perfectly flammable and worked like a charm. It was a super good fire and I was thoroughly impressed with myself. Erik, upon seeing what I'd done remarked, "You seriously just burned up our only roll of toilet paper?".
Oh. So I did. I really don't do well on cold medicine.
After dinner and a couple of drinks, it was time to clean up and go to sleep...finally! Erik is talking about...honestly I don't even know what he was talking about. I just remember hearing this odd whistling sound. I interrupted him to ask if he could hear it. What the hell IS that?
I hold my breath to try to hear better.
I exhale. THERE IT IS!
Me: "Did you hear it?"
E2: "Really Ginger?"
I really don't do well on cold medicine and Erik is an ass.
In other news, the hilariously entertaining Mrs. Tuna passed along the Charlie Sheen Seal of Win.
While I'm sure this one probably has rules as well, I'm going to go ahead and make up my own again for the sake of time because it's Saturday afternoon and the sun is out on a day when I'm not stuck in my cubicle and how am I spending this time? Cross-legged on the couch in front of my laptop. This just feels wrong and I kinda feel like I need to go to confession which would probably count even more since I'm not even Catholic. What? I'm losing my train of thought.
Random facts about me:
1. On the day I got married I had black Frankenstein stitches on my right forearm which CLEARLY made me a total bad ass but my Mom insisted I cover them with a bandage for the wedding pictures. I'm now convinced this one poor decision was the absolute downfall of my marriage.
2. I once punched a guy at a party so hard I'm pretty sure I gave him internal bleeding. He posted a picture on my fb wall the next day. His girlfriend didn't/still doesn't like me. Go figure.
3. In fact, I'm going to use said picture for random fact #3 and if you think that's cheating, you can go screw yourself because dammit, I like pictures!
Passing this along to 3 other blogs I love:
1. Sandra at Absolutely Narcissism. She writes about her training for her upcoming bikini competition, and vaginas, and pooing, and penises...I'm a little in love with this woman and you should be too.
2. Katie at Chicken Noodle Gravy. She's painfully honest about life and how different things in her life affect her which causes one to consider they're own life and feelings. Normally my motto is "feelings are for suckers!" but we all know that's not true and Katie helps me remember to try to act like an adult every so often and try that inner reflection thing.
3. DWei at I am such a Derp. He's a struggling university student, he's stressed, we don't want him developing an ulcer so early in his young life so hopefully a totally relevant and massively important blog award will be just the pick-me-up he needs.
I guess this is the end of my post. I suppose this means I need to get off my ass and go outside now.