Then I moved to the states and decided it would be a super great idea to take German instead. Why? Because it was less crowded than French, (apparently nazis are still rather unpopular) I thought it might be good to branch out but really, when it came down to it, the German club got an end of the year trip to Daytona Beach. Only stipulation was you had to actually be taking German.
E2 has spent quite a bit of time off and on in Europe, specifically France, for rock climbing. It's not uncommon for him to come home at the end of the day and rattle off *"Ce qui s'est passé aujourd'hui?"
And I'll eloquently reply "Shut yer whore mouth! I don't know what that means!" Because I don't remember any of the French I once knew. Or I'll try to sound smart and confound him with some German. "Warum sind sie belästigen mich du narr?"
He'll just look at me oddly and comment on how I sound like I'm choking on my own phlegm.
And that brings us to the German word Liebster. It literally translates as beloved. Mrs. Mommy over at Life After Kids was awesome enough to give me the Liebster award. Her other blog Did I Shave My Legs For This? makes me giggle. Check her out and show her some love.
And now to share the Liebster love with five of my most beloved bloggers with 200 or less followers. Not sure why that's a stipulation but whatev's.
1. Amanda over at Appreciating the Fireflies has been blowing me away lately with her writing. She has a way of really bringing her words to life. The fact that she's a total doll certainly doesn't hurt either.
2. Tonya the Hobo Girl from Where Have All The Hobos Gone never fails to make me smile with her sense of humor and her drawings. Her most recent post features a spot on rendering of the Price is Right showcase showdown.
3. Then we have Angela at Begging The Answer. She's sarcastic, a little dark, and a lot twisty. What's not to love about that?
4. Jordan, also known as Trailer Gypsy is a new favorite of mine. She does amazing things with food she actually grows. Like, from the ground! And then puts them in jars to eat later. And doesn't die from Botulism! I KNOW, right? And although I don't know her in real life, she seems like one of those genuinely good people you always hope will be on your side.
5. And that brings us to Pickleope. Wow. Where to even start? I don't know whether Pickleope is male or female...maybe both? I know there's more than one writer over there. And I know for a fact that they're ALL crazy. I absolutely LOVE the insanity that spews forth from the minds of that blog. It's upsetting. But the good kind of upsetting. If you know what I mean. Cause I don't.
* You are my beloved.
** What happened today?
***Why are you bothering me you fool?